Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend "Wine-d" Down


I love weekends filled with a crisp fall air. The smell of earthy fallen leaves and the crunch they make under your feet. Weekends filled with catching up with old and current friends over drinks in a bustling restaurant or going to an event and sharing in something you both love is just perfect. I did both of these things this weekend and it was the set of adventures I needed.


The vineyard was small but it smelt pungently like fermenting grapes, everything fall, and countryside. Rows and rows of grape vines wilting in the late season spread themselves across the late golden light and it felt so peaceful. I can’t tell you how long I stood just look across the fields but for a moment it felt like forever.  For a split second I thought I could hear each individual leaf crinkle in the breeze.  Crazy… but I swear it was magical!

I paired lots of wines with lots of delicious cheeses and learned how to find the different notes of flavor in each of the wines we sampled. It was relaxing and just what I needed to catch up with one of my best friends. Since we are some serious cheese mongers we definitely enjoyed each delicious bite.

At night we met up with friends visiting from out of town. We laughed, ate delicious foods and had lots of delicious drinks at one of our favorite restaurants. It was nice to share a small little piece of the city with them and to hear stories of their own adventures. Our friend is a really good chef and it was super fun to hear about his job and travels.

Fall really has come alive around here and I am loving every minute of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment