Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Finding Fall

Sometimes when life is super stressful taking a new path can be all that you need. I took one that I normally take but this time I tried to see things that I don't normally see. 


A mossy tree that sat all alone in the mid-afternoon sun. My eyes were drawn to the fuzzy spring yellow that climbed up and down the rough trunk.  


I followed the leaves looking at all the colors that they had to bring. Fall means yellows, reds, oranges, and browns splattered with hints of green as they fall to the ground to sleep.


I stepped in a puddle along the way and found some more hints that cooler weather is slowly approaching!

I needed to forget where I was for a while. 
I needed to breathe in the cool air.
I needed to feel the sun warm on my skin and look up at the blue sky.

It is days like these that I appreciate the little things when the bigger things get to be too much. Fall is my favorite time of year. I love sweaters, scarves, and leaves blowing all around me. I love the smells and comforting tastes of pumpkin, apple and cinnamon. I love the crispness in the air.


I should go off the beaten path more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment